TAIWAN: Pou Chen And Feng Tay Up Casual Shoe OEM Ratios
Pou Chen, currently an OEM partner of Timberland casual shoes, expects to produce other international casual shoe brands such as Dr. Martens and Wolverines in the first half. Pou Chen now owns over 50 production lines in casual shoes both in Taiwan and abroad.
The company will further expand its casual shoe production volume in its Vietnam plant in 2001 if the US grants normal trade relation status to Vietnam this year. The production ratio in casual shoes and sports shoes in this overseas plant will be set at 1:3 in the future.
Meanwhile, Feng Tay has already installed two other casual shoe production lines in its mainland China plant, with the production volume reaching 25,000 pairs per month. The firm is planning to set up more casual shoe production lines in its overseas plants in both Indonesia and Vietnam.
Feng Tay estimates its casual shoe production volume will climb to 100,000 pairs per month in the near future. Such products will eventually become an important revenue source for the firm. Feng Tay is Nike's largest OEM partner. The company produces about three million pairs of sports shoes for Nike per month.
Companies: Nike Inc
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The University of Colorado has agreed to extend its apparel agreement with sportswear giant Nike Inc by ten years....
Sportswear giant adidas has clinched a long-term partnership deal with tennis superstar Andre Agassi, who previously held a contract with archrival Nike....
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020