Powell joins NPD sports and leisure trends group
Global information company The NPD Group has appointed Matt Powell as vice president of industry analysis for its sports and leisure trends business.
With over 40 years of experience in the retail and research industries, Powell was most recently an analyst at SportsOneSource. He has also worked with various retailers, including Modell's Sporting Goods, Sneaker Stadium, and MVP.com.
Dennis Brown, group president of the Americas practices said Powell's analytical, strategic, and marketplace expertise is "invaluable to NPD as we continue to expand our reach within the sports and recreation industries".
The move comes a year after The NPD Group acquired Leisure Trends, a market research company for the sports and recreation industries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022