FRANCE: PPR appoints Daveu as sustainability head
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs, replacing Jochen Zeitz who is taking on a broader sustainability role at the firm.
Daveu's main role will be to implement PPR's sustainable development programme.
Previously she was private secretary to the French minister of ecology, sustainable development, transport and housing. Daveu has also been head of sustainable development for the Sanofi-Aventis Group.
Former chief sustainability officer, Jochen Zeitz, is set to give up his operational duties in October. He is now a director of PPR and chairman of the board's sustainable development committee. He will also be a member of PPR's sustainability advisory group.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
PPR's Redcats division has entered an agreement to sell its apparel and homeware brands Ellos and Jotex to Nordic Capital Fund VII for EUR275m (US$365m). ...
Italian investment group Borletti is in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its stake in French department store chain Printemps....
PPR is confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting a rise in 2012 net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Sporting goods giant Puma posted a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012, hit by a number of one-off special items which cost the business nearly EUR100m (US$134m)....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective