FRANCE: PPR appoints Daveu as sustainability head
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs, replacing Jochen Zeitz who is taking on a broader sustainability role at the firm.
Daveu's main role will be to implement PPR's sustainable development programme.
Previously she was private secretary to the French minister of ecology, sustainable development, transport and housing. Daveu has also been head of sustainable development for the Sanofi-Aventis Group.
Former chief sustainability officer, Jochen Zeitz, is set to give up his operational duties in October. He is now a director of PPR and chairman of the board's sustainable development committee. He will also be a member of PPR's sustainability advisory group.
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
PPR's Redcats division has entered an agreement to sell its apparel and homeware brands Ellos and Jotex to Nordic Capital Fund VII for EUR275m (US$365m). ...
Italian investment group Borletti is in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its stake in French department store chain Printemps....
PPR is confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting a rise in 2012 net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Sporting goods giant Puma posted a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012, hit by a number of one-off special items which cost the business nearly EUR100m (US$134m)....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras