FRANCE: PPR appoints Daveu as sustainability head
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs, replacing Jochen Zeitz who is taking on a broader sustainability role at the firm.
Daveu's main role will be to implement PPR's sustainable development programme.
Previously she was private secretary to the French minister of ecology, sustainable development, transport and housing. Daveu has also been head of sustainable development for the Sanofi-Aventis Group.
Former chief sustainability officer, Jochen Zeitz, is set to give up his operational duties in October. He is now a director of PPR and chairman of the board's sustainable development committee. He will also be a member of PPR's sustainability advisory group.
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
PPR's Redcats division has entered an agreement to sell its apparel and homeware brands Ellos and Jotex to Nordic Capital Fund VII for EUR275m (US$365m). ...
Italian investment group Borletti is in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its stake in French department store chain Printemps....
PPR is confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting a rise in 2012 net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Sporting goods giant Puma posted a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012, hit by a number of one-off special items which cost the business nearly EUR100m (US$134m)....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change