FRANCE: PPR appoints Daveu as sustainability head
French apparel group PPR has named Marie-Claire Daveu as chief sustainability officer and head of international institutional affairs, replacing Jochen Zeitz who is taking on a broader sustainability role at the firm.
Daveu's main role will be to implement PPR's sustainable development programme.
Previously she was private secretary to the French minister of ecology, sustainable development, transport and housing. Daveu has also been head of sustainable development for the Sanofi-Aventis Group.
Former chief sustainability officer, Jochen Zeitz, is set to give up his operational duties in October. He is now a director of PPR and chairman of the board's sustainable development committee. He will also be a member of PPR's sustainability advisory group.
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
PPR's Redcats division has entered an agreement to sell its apparel and homeware brands Ellos and Jotex to Nordic Capital Fund VII for EUR275m (US$365m). ...
Italian investment group Borletti is in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its stake in French department store chain Printemps....
PPR is confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting a rise in 2012 net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Sporting goods giant Puma posted a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012, hit by a number of one-off special items which cost the business nearly EUR100m (US$134m)....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts