FRANCE: PPR denies Gucci sale rumours
The company has requested that the AMF (Autorite des Marches Financiers) open an investigation into the "unfounded rumours and diffusion of false information".
PPR's statement follows news yesterday (22 April) that its first quarter consolidated sales fell 2.6% to EUR4.8bn (US$6.2bn).
Its majority-owned Puma brand declined 3.3%, despite Americas sales rising 11.2%, while Gucci Group revenues fell 3.4% despite a 21% hike in emerging markets.
Luxury lifestyle company PPR is to float its CFAO specialist distribution business on the Euronext Paris stock exchange by the end of the year, the company said....
Söktas has signed an exclusive licensing agreement with Nano-Tex, in a deal that makes it the only mill in Europe and Turkey licensed to manufacture shirting fabrics treated with the Neutralizer techn...
Clothing chain Zara was among this year's top gainers in latest brand value rankings, but Swedish retailer H&M still finished above its rival....
The Planet women's wear brand has a new brand director after hiring design veteran Jane Stott to reposition the label for a younger market....
Sporting goods company Puma has posted a 15.6% drop in second quarter net earnings, after reduced margins offset lower operating costs achieved through restructuring....
Second quarter sales at sporting goods group Puma AG have risen by 4.1%, it emerged on Friday (31 July), suggesting cost-cutting measures to weather the economic downturn are starting to take effect....
Luxury goods group PPR posted a 19% drop in first half profits to EUR281m (US$397m), ahead of the expectations of most analysts....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report