FRANCE: PPR Hopes Sports Superstore Proves Profitable
Citadium, the large sporting goods superstore that opened in central Paris last November, is on track to reach its sales target of at least FFR300m ($43m) this year, according to Serge Weinberg, CEO of the Pinault-Printemps-Redoute (PPR) group, which owns the store. Sales started to improve during December after a very disappointing launch. However, PPR won't open other Citadium stores until it is certain that the formula will prove profitable.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores