FRANCE: PPR names Slimane to lead Yves Saint Laurent
Yves Saint Laurent has ended weeks of speculation by appointing Hedi Slimane as the luxury brand's creative director following the recent departure of Stefano Pilati.
Parent company PPR said today (7 March) that Slimane will assume total creative control for the brand's image and all of its collections. In parallel, Slimane will continue to pursue his career in photography.
Slimane was artistic director of men's wear at Yves Saint Laurent until 2000.
"Hedi Slimane's exceptional talent and understanding of the spirit of Yves Saint Laurent heralds a promising new chapter in the story of the maison", said Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve.
PPR chairman and CEO François-Henri Pinault added: "As one of the most important French fashion houses, Yves Saint Laurent today possesses formidable potential, which I am confident will be successfully harnessed and revealed through the vision of Hedi Slimane."
Puma has confirmed plans to launch a range of compostable or recyclable shoes and clothing in the autumn. ...
French retail group PPR has formed an online joint venture with online retailer Yoox to accelerate the e-commerce development of some of its luxury brands. ...
French luxury and retail group PPR has seen its first-half profit rise 5.9% on the back of strong revenue growth in its luxury and sport & lifestyle divisions....
French luxury goods group PPR has appointed former Givenchy designer Brendan Mullane as creative director for the Brioni men's wear brand, which it acquired at the beginning of this year....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras