FRANCE: PPR names Wang to lead Balenciaga
He will be responsible for designing the luxury brand's women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories collections, as well as for the brand's image. Wang replaces Nicolas Ghesquière, who left the brand at the start of November.
Wang will continue to operate his own independently-owned fashion house.
Balenciaga president and CEO Isabelle Guichot said: "The Balenciaga fashion house and its staff are proud to welcome Alexander Wang, whose proven talent, modernity and individual and cosmopolitan vision of design will naturally embrace and enrich the unique heritage of this fashion house which will soon be one hundred years old."
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
French apparel group PPR is changing its name to Kering as it looks to position itself as a luxury and sportswear business....
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015