FRANCE: PPR names Wang to lead Balenciaga
He will be responsible for designing the luxury brand's women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories collections, as well as for the brand's image. Wang replaces Nicolas Ghesquière, who left the brand at the start of November.
Wang will continue to operate his own independently-owned fashion house.
Balenciaga president and CEO Isabelle Guichot said: "The Balenciaga fashion house and its staff are proud to welcome Alexander Wang, whose proven talent, modernity and individual and cosmopolitan vision of design will naturally embrace and enrich the unique heritage of this fashion house which will soon be one hundred years old."
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
French apparel group PPR is changing its name to Kering as it looks to position itself as a luxury and sportswear business....
French apparel and luxury group PPR is reportedly considering changing its name to Kering as it looks to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects