FRANCE: PPR names Wang to lead Balenciaga
He will be responsible for designing the luxury brand's women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories collections, as well as for the brand's image. Wang replaces Nicolas Ghesquière, who left the brand at the start of November.
Wang will continue to operate his own independently-owned fashion house.
Balenciaga president and CEO Isabelle Guichot said: "The Balenciaga fashion house and its staff are proud to welcome Alexander Wang, whose proven talent, modernity and individual and cosmopolitan vision of design will naturally embrace and enrich the unique heritage of this fashion house which will soon be one hundred years old."
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
French apparel group PPR is changing its name to Kering as it looks to position itself as a luxury and sportswear business....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide