FRANCE: PPR No Deal For Control Of Gucci
Hopes of an end to the ongoing power struggle for the control of the Italian fashion house Gucci were dashed yesterday as French retail conglomerate Pinault Printemps Redoute announced that it was not considering a buy out.
Rumours had been circling that the French luxury goods group, which currently holds a 42 per cent stake in Gucci, had been considering a $10bn deal to take full control of the Gucci line, including the 20 per cent stake held by luxury group rivals Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton.
Pinault Printemps Redoute's chief executive, Serge Weinberg, made the announcement yesterday as he revealed that the group's sales had risen 23 per cent during the last quarter.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Following China's promise over a year ago to crack down on fake goods including the country's enormous fashion label-counterfeiting industry, industry watchers have been keen to see the results of gov...
Europe's biggest non-food retailer PPR said 2005 profit jumped 11% from last year's, driven by increased Asian demand plus continued strength of the Gucci division....
French luxury retail group PPR is eyeing possible acquisitions in the United States to help shore up its international growth, according to media reports on Friday (3 February)....
Designer John Ray has stepped down from his post as creative director of Gucci Menswear....
Luxury and retail group PPR has reported increased full-year and fourth-quarter sales, boosted by demand for stalwart fashion Gucci and celebrity handbag favourite Balenciaga....
Luxury labels including Chanel and Prada have won a court victory against a vendor of counterfeit goods in China, Bloomberg reported....
Jean-François Palus has been named financial director of luxury goods group PPR, following the departure of chief financial officer Ross McInnes....
Upmarket goods group PPR has reported a 6.3 per cent rise in third-quarter sales, boosted by continued demand for the Gucci fashion label....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts