FRANCE: PPR Revenue Drops 2.1 Per Cent On Tough US Market
In a statement, PPR chief executive Serge Weinberg said it was encouraging to note that like for like, second quarter revenue outside North America was up 0.2 per cent, compared with a 0.8 per cent drop in the first quarter.
Weinberg described that as encouraging and evidence of the group's gradual recovery. "It's in line with our targets. The group is performing excellently and will undoubtedly emerge stronger from this difficult period."
PPR, which has a 53.2 per cent stake in Gucci Group NV, said revenue for the second quarter was 6.61 billion euros, down from 6.75 billion euros in absolute terms.
Following China's promise over a year ago to crack down on fake goods including the country's enormous fashion label-counterfeiting industry, industry watchers have been keen to see the results of gov...
Europe's biggest non-food retailer PPR said 2005 profit jumped 11% from last year's, driven by increased Asian demand plus continued strength of the Gucci division....
French luxury retail group PPR is eyeing possible acquisitions in the United States to help shore up its international growth, according to media reports on Friday (3 February)....
Designer John Ray has stepped down from his post as creative director of Gucci Menswear....
Luxury and retail group PPR has reported increased full-year and fourth-quarter sales, boosted by demand for stalwart fashion Gucci and celebrity handbag favourite Balenciaga....
Luxury labels including Chanel and Prada have won a court victory against a vendor of counterfeit goods in China, Bloomberg reported....
Jean-François Palus has been named financial director of luxury goods group PPR, following the departure of chief financial officer Ross McInnes....
Upmarket goods group PPR has reported a 6.3 per cent rise in third-quarter sales, boosted by continued demand for the Gucci fashion label....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack