FRANCE: PPR signs MoU with Yoox for online venture
French luxury goods group PPR is looking to set up an e-commerce venture with Italian online fashion retailer Yoox after signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) last week.
The agreement aims to define guidelines for the joint management of the e-commerce operations of some of PPR's luxury brands. The MoU includes Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney and Sergio Rossi brands.
PPR and Yoox intend to continue negotiations to close a definitive agreement in the coming months.
The announcement follows reports last week that shares in Yoox surged after reports emerged that the company was allegedly in talks with PPR to set up an online venture.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
Puma chairman Jochen Zeitz has called on governments to reduce import duties on synthetic materials in an effort to to encourage companies to switch to making greener shoes and clothing. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)