FRANCE: PPR signs MoU with Yoox for online venture
French luxury goods group PPR is looking to set up an e-commerce venture with Italian online fashion retailer Yoox after signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) last week.
The agreement aims to define guidelines for the joint management of the e-commerce operations of some of PPR's luxury brands. The MoU includes Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney and Sergio Rossi brands.
PPR and Yoox intend to continue negotiations to close a definitive agreement in the coming months.
The announcement follows reports last week that shares in Yoox surged after reports emerged that the company was allegedly in talks with PPR to set up an online venture.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
While the focus on emerging markets for the big international clothing companies has traditionally been to view them as outsourcing opportunities, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in thes...
Luxury goods brand Tom Ford International has appointed former Bottega Veneta executive Jerome Cheung as chief executive officer of its Asia Pacific operations....
French retail group PPR has announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is to step down as creative director of its Balenciaga fashion house....
French retail group PPR has reported "satisfactory" third-quarter sales growth, helped by rising revenue at its luxury brands....
Jochen Zeitz has resigned from the administrative board of sportswear brand Puma. ...
Puma chairman Jochen Zeitz has called on governments to reduce import duties on synthetic materials in an effort to to encourage companies to switch to making greener shoes and clothing. ...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies