FRANCE: PPR to launch Volcom branded footwear range
The footwear range will include shoes for men and women
The closed-toe line, which includes shoes for men and women featuring asymmetric lines and black and white contrasting outsoles, will be available in stores next July.
The range will not include technical shoes, a spokesperson for PPR told just-style today (6 November).
PPR said the footwear range has been developed with Puma's help and expertise. The company bought the Volcom action sports apparel company last summer, and currently sells a limited collection of footwear including flip flops.
Sales of sports footwear have increased over 50% in terms of value since 2007. This positive performance is explained by the growing popularity of brands such as Nike, adidas and Puma that have gained...
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
Puma has named Björn Gulden as the sportswear brand's new CEO, succeeding Franz Koch, who left the company at the end of March....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
Indian online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired San Francisco-based virtual fitting room developer Fitiquette to help improve the shopping experience for Indian consumers....
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report