ITALY: Prada appoints Bianchi as co-CEO
Miuccia Prada Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman
Italian fashion house Prada has confirmed the appointment of chairman Miuccia Prada Bianchi as co-CEO.
Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman to take up the co-CEO position alongside husband Patrizio Bertelli, the company said. She will, however, continue to serve as an executive director of Prada.
Her role will involve guiding development of the group's creative design and brands communication activities.
"The board would like to express its sincere gratitude to Miuccia Prada Bianchi for her valuable contributions and leadership during her tenure as the chairperson of the board," Prada said in a statement.
"The board is of the view that her appointment as chief executive officer is a natural extension of the role she has already played in the group's development and will be beneficial to the group's long term growth and progress."
Carlo Mazzi, executive director and previously deputy chairman of the board, has assumed the role of chairman.
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide