ITALY: Prada appoints Bianchi as co-CEO
Miuccia Prada Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman
Italian fashion house Prada has confirmed the appointment of chairman Miuccia Prada Bianchi as co-CEO.
Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman to take up the co-CEO position alongside husband Patrizio Bertelli, the company said. She will, however, continue to serve as an executive director of Prada.
Her role will involve guiding development of the group's creative design and brands communication activities.
"The board would like to express its sincere gratitude to Miuccia Prada Bianchi for her valuable contributions and leadership during her tenure as the chairperson of the board," Prada said in a statement.
"The board is of the view that her appointment as chief executive officer is a natural extension of the role she has already played in the group's development and will be beneficial to the group's long term growth and progress."
Carlo Mazzi, executive director and previously deputy chairman of the board, has assumed the role of chairman.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack