ITALY: Prada appoints Bianchi as co-CEO
Miuccia Prada Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman
Italian fashion house Prada has confirmed the appointment of chairman Miuccia Prada Bianchi as co-CEO.
Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman to take up the co-CEO position alongside husband Patrizio Bertelli, the company said. She will, however, continue to serve as an executive director of Prada.
Her role will involve guiding development of the group's creative design and brands communication activities.
"The board would like to express its sincere gratitude to Miuccia Prada Bianchi for her valuable contributions and leadership during her tenure as the chairperson of the board," Prada said in a statement.
"The board is of the view that her appointment as chief executive officer is a natural extension of the role she has already played in the group's development and will be beneficial to the group's long term growth and progress."
Carlo Mazzi, executive director and previously deputy chairman of the board, has assumed the role of chairman.
Italian fashion house Prada saw its share price fall slightly today (2 April) after booking a less than 1% increase in annual net profit....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Due to the growing middle class and increasing disposable incomes, Mexico is being targeted by international apparel specialist chains. Mexico has long been the favourite market in the Americas of Ind...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy