ITALY: Prada appoints Bianchi as co-CEO
Miuccia Prada Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman
Italian fashion house Prada has confirmed the appointment of chairman Miuccia Prada Bianchi as co-CEO.
Bianchi has relinquished her role as chairman to take up the co-CEO position alongside husband Patrizio Bertelli, the company said. She will, however, continue to serve as an executive director of Prada.
Her role will involve guiding development of the group's creative design and brands communication activities.
"The board would like to express its sincere gratitude to Miuccia Prada Bianchi for her valuable contributions and leadership during her tenure as the chairperson of the board," Prada said in a statement.
"The board is of the view that her appointment as chief executive officer is a natural extension of the role she has already played in the group's development and will be beneficial to the group's long term growth and progress."
Carlo Mazzi, executive director and previously deputy chairman of the board, has assumed the role of chairman.
Italian fashion house Prada has seen sales growth slow during the first half, due to unfavourable exchange rates and weaker demand in Asia and Europe....
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
US-based intimate apparel brand Spanx has hired former Nike global apparel and footwear executive, Jan Singer, as its chief executive officer....
Due to the growing middle class and increasing disposable incomes, Mexico is being targeted by international apparel specialist chains. Mexico has long been the favourite market in the Americas of Ind...
Retail value sales of retailing saw double-digit growth in current terms in 2013, despite the slowdown in China’s macroeconomic performance. Though the economy slowed down in China in 2013, the dispos...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details