ITALY: Prada Considers 300m Euro Securitisation - Report
Quoting market sources, media reports claimed the operation may take place before the end of this year but that it was "complicated" due to the fact its real estate is spread all over the world.
Prada declined to comment on the rumours which claimed the firm may sell its real estate assets to a company in which it takes a stake, and then lease the assets back.
Prada recently postponed its IPO at the last minute which would have helped it pay off some of its $962m debt - a legacy of its spending spree of the 90s when it acquired upscale brands such as Jil Sander and Church's shoes.
Companies: Prada Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Fashion house Prada has named Armando Tolomelli as control director and Cinzia Tito as human resources manager of the business, press reports said....
Luxury label Prada could be in danger of stealing Burberry's crown as the label of choice for Britain's hooligans, if the recent banning of its shoes at Manchester nightclubs is anything to go by....
Luxury fashion label Prada is pursuing annual growth of 23.5 per cent over the next five years, according to statements given to its banks....
Upmarket fashion label Jil Sander AG is axing 130 employees in Hamburg, Germany, as it shifts operations to Italy, financial newspaper Boersen-Zeitung said....
German fashion house Jil Sander, a unit of Italian luxury goods group Prada, has narrowed its first-half net loss to €9.7 million, compared with a net loss of €15.3 million in the January to July peri...
German designer label Jil Sander is to shut its only remaining German manufacturing site as part of an ongoing restructuring plan....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective