ITALY: Prada FY sales growth misses expectations
- FY group sales up 9%
- Europe sales grow 5%
- Sales miss analyst estimates
Sales in Europe grew 5%
Italian fashion house Prada booked full-year sales that missed analyst expectations today (13 February), amid economic weakness in Europe and a stronger Euro.
Revenues for the 12 months ended 31 January amounted to EUR3.59bn (US$4.91bn), a 9% increase on last year. Analysts on average were expecting sales of EUR3.67bn, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Sales in Europe grew just 5%, driven by the retail channel. Wholesale channel sales, however, were down on the previous year.
Asia Pacific sales were up 11%, with Greater China the main contributor of growth, while in America sales climbed 11%.
Bernstein Research analysts said that while Prada's sales missed expectations, it believes retail will continue to grow at around 15% as the store network becomes "more mature/efficient", adding: "The group's ability to open 80 stores pa proved once more this year and management guidance for a similar network extension next year."
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who's winning in UK apparel shopping switch?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide