ITALY: Prada FY sales growth misses expectations
- FY group sales up 9%
- Europe sales grow 5%
- Sales miss analyst estimates
Sales in Europe grew 5%
Italian fashion house Prada booked full-year sales that missed analyst expectations today (13 February), amid economic weakness in Europe and a stronger Euro.
Revenues for the 12 months ended 31 January amounted to EUR3.59bn (US$4.91bn), a 9% increase on last year. Analysts on average were expecting sales of EUR3.67bn, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Sales in Europe grew just 5%, driven by the retail channel. Wholesale channel sales, however, were down on the previous year.
Asia Pacific sales were up 11%, with Greater China the main contributor of growth, while in America sales climbed 11%.
Bernstein Research analysts said that while Prada's sales missed expectations, it believes retail will continue to grow at around 15% as the store network becomes "more mature/efficient", adding: "The group's ability to open 80 stores pa proved once more this year and management guidance for a similar network extension next year."
Italian fashion house Prada has seen sales growth slow during the first half, due to unfavourable exchange rates and weaker demand in Asia and Europe....
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
US-based intimate apparel brand Spanx has hired former Nike global apparel and footwear executive, Jan Singer, as its chief executive officer....
Due to the growing middle class and increasing disposable incomes, Mexico is being targeted by international apparel specialist chains. Mexico has long been the favourite market in the Americas of Ind...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre