ITALY: Prada FY sales rise 29% on strong demand
Growth was driven by strong demand in Europe and Asia
Strong demand in Europe and Asia, coupled with new store growth, has helped Italian luxury fashion brand Prada to a 29% hike in full-year sales.
The company yesterday (19 February) said revenues surged to EUR3.30bn (US$4.42bn) over the year ended 31 January. At constant exchange rates, sales were up 23%.
Growth was driven by strong demand in Europe and Asia, where sales climbed 36% and 33% respectively. Sales rose 23% in the Americas, 19% in Italy and 14% in Japan.
The overall growth was also boosted by its Prada and Miu Miu brands, which saw sales increase 33% and 16% respectively.
New stores helped retail channel sales jump 36% to EUR2.66bn. The group opened 78 new stores during the year, taking the total number of directly operated stores to 461.
"In a year characterised by a particularly difficult international economic environment, our group has made further important progress along its path of growth, consolidating its position at the head of the luxury goods sector," CEO Patrizio Bertelli said.
"The strength of our brands, our ability to interpret and anticipate market trends and our global retail network continue to form the basis for our long-term growth strategy."
Original source: Prada
Italian luxury brand Prada has expanded its international footprint by opening its first store in Qatar....
Italian luxury fashion brand Prada has opened its first freestanding store in Japan....
Francesca Bellettini has been named as the new chief executive officer at luxury label Yves Saint Laurent, replacing Paul Deneve who has resigned to take up a new post in another industry....
Italian luxury brand Prada saw first quarter profits rise, driven by growth in Asia and in the retail channel....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details