ITALY: Prada FY sales rise 29% on strong demand
Growth was driven by strong demand in Europe and Asia
Strong demand in Europe and Asia, coupled with new store growth, has helped Italian luxury fashion brand Prada to a 29% hike in full-year sales.
The company yesterday (19 February) said revenues surged to EUR3.30bn (US$4.42bn) over the year ended 31 January. At constant exchange rates, sales were up 23%.
Growth was driven by strong demand in Europe and Asia, where sales climbed 36% and 33% respectively. Sales rose 23% in the Americas, 19% in Italy and 14% in Japan.
The overall growth was also boosted by its Prada and Miu Miu brands, which saw sales increase 33% and 16% respectively.
New stores helped retail channel sales jump 36% to EUR2.66bn. The group opened 78 new stores during the year, taking the total number of directly operated stores to 461.
"In a year characterised by a particularly difficult international economic environment, our group has made further important progress along its path of growth, consolidating its position at the head of the luxury goods sector," CEO Patrizio Bertelli said.
"The strength of our brands, our ability to interpret and anticipate market trends and our global retail network continue to form the basis for our long-term growth strategy."
Original source: Prada
Italian luxury brand Prada has expanded its international footprint by opening its first store in Qatar....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Italian luxury fashion brand Prada has opened its first freestanding store in Japan....
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Bangladesh equipment duties drag on safety efforts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects