ITALY: Prada posts jump in Q3 net income
- Net income increased 30.4% to EUR122.1m
- Revenue rose 32.9% to EUR791.9m
Italian luxury brand Prada recorded a jump in third quarter net income as the group worked to grow its retail channel.
The company said net income rose 30.4% over the quarter ended 31 October to reach EUR122.1m, against EUR93.6m in the same period of the prior year.
Revenue increased 32.9% to EUR791.9m, which it attributed to the 36.8% growth recorded in the retail channel. On a same-store basis, retail sales grew 14% over the quarter.
The wholesale channel recorded a 10.6% increase in sales to reach EUR95.7m.
The Prada brand recorded a 37.5% increase in sales to EUR643.2m, while Miu Miu recorded 14.6% growth to reach EUR114.7m.
"It has been another extremely satisfactory quarter," said CEO Patrizio Bertelli.
"The group has continued to grow at a rate that has exceeded our expectations but great care has still been paid to cost control and working capital management. This has enabled us further to improve our profitability and cash flow. The Prada Group has again shown that it has the necessary ability and spirit of initiative to generate positive results, even in the difficult current international economic climate."
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020