ITALY: Prada reports HY sales boost
- Revenues up 29.4% to EUR936.5m
- Net profit of EUR103m
- Strong Far East growth
Italian luxury goods firm Prada has posted strong first-half sales growth, buoyed by 41% growth in directly operated stores.
Sales increased 18.7% in Europe, 29.9% in the US and 47.3% in the Far East.
Patrizio Bertelli, cheif executive of Prada, said: "The Prada Group's strategy, aimed at growth in all markets, will be further strengthened in the following years through the development of our directly operated stores network."
Historic textiles business Smiths of Peterhead has gone into administration after failing to reach agreement with a major creditor. ...
Italian fashion house Prada has ended fiscal 2010 with consolidated revenues of EUR2bn (US$2.7bn), showing 31% growth. ...
Cashmere yarn spinner Todd & Duncan has promoted its finance director Iain Cormack to the additional role of deputy managing director....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie