ITALY: Prada reports HY sales boost
- Revenues up 29.4% to EUR936.5m
- Net profit of EUR103m
- Strong Far East growth
Italian luxury goods firm Prada has posted strong first-half sales growth, buoyed by 41% growth in directly operated stores.
Sales increased 18.7% in Europe, 29.9% in the US and 47.3% in the Far East.
Patrizio Bertelli, cheif executive of Prada, said: "The Prada Group's strategy, aimed at growth in all markets, will be further strengthened in the following years through the development of our directly operated stores network."
Historic textiles business Smiths of Peterhead has gone into administration after failing to reach agreement with a major creditor. ...
Italian fashion house Prada has ended fiscal 2010 with consolidated revenues of EUR2bn (US$2.7bn), showing 31% growth. ...
Cashmere yarn spinner Todd & Duncan has promoted its finance director Iain Cormack to the additional role of deputy managing director....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies