CANADA: PrAna increases organic cotton offerings
Lifestyle brand PrAna says it has increased its organic cotton offerings by a further 11% as it looks to reduce conventional cotton offerings.
"One of prAna's core values is sustainability so converting current styles to organic cotton while introducing new ones is an ongoing initiative for us," said prAna senior merchandise manager, Christian Castellani.
"The environmental and social impacts of conventional cotton are felt worldwide from the time of a farmer plants the seed, to the time it reaches the consumer. The organic variety still only makes up about 1% of the overall cotton production in the world. But every time you purchase an item made from this sustainable material, you are voting for more organic cotton."
PrAna says it is reducing its conventional cotton offerings as it increases its organic cotton styles. Each new style it introduces going forward, the brand says, will be made from organic cotton.
The brand will launch a women's Alba Tank and Britt top in spring, in addition to a newly-redesigned Malibu yoga pant. For men, the Bronson pant has been converted from conventional to organic cotton.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020