FRANCE: Premiere Vision Takes An International Turn
"Each of these newcomers has been selected by a committee comprised of seven existing PV participants as representatives of the textile traditions of the region from which they derive," explains Premiere Vision's organiser.
"And each is an individual company rather than mere a representative of a larger textile or fibre group" it adds.
Originally founded in l973, Premiere Vision was conceived as a showcase for the collections of French weavers based in or around Lyons. In those days there were under two dozen exhibitors.
Within four years however the show had expanded to include textile producers from any part of France and in l980 the first overseas exhibitors arrived - from across the Channel. British exhibitors have been a part of the show ever since.
This year's autumn Premiere Vision moves from its usual dates in early October and will take place from l8-2l September, the first day being reserved for pre-registered buyers.
By Sonia Roberts.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack