UK: Prima Solutions Launches Supply Chain Software
John Norman, joint managing director at Prima Solutions said: "We recently completed a roll out of a 500-user system across all Debenhams buying and merchandising departments. The application, PROMS (Pre-Order Management System), is a PrimaNet module which facilitates gradual build up of order details to the point of confirming an order, at which point that information is passed electronically to the Debenhams retail stock management system. The software also supports the typical product development process of specification, costing, size-grading and critical path."
For companies like Alice Collins, Jeffrey Ohrenstein and John Smedley, all traditional wholesalers who in recent times have moved into retailing, Prima Solutions provides complete turnkey solutions including point-of-sale, back office, warehouse, distribution, import, manufacturing controls and, more recently, e-business and e-tailing.
Alice Collins MD, Matthew Barber, said: "The people at Prima Solutions understand our business and the business of retailing. Combined with their expertise in IT we have worked in continual partnership to develop our business and deliver the benefits we enjoy from an integrated, proven solution."
Companies: Debenhams Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture have won a drawn-out court battle with Marchpole Holdings over a licensed diffusion line....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016