UAE: Primark considers legal action over fake Dubai store
UK based value fashion retailer Primark is considering its legal options after a fake Primark store opened in the United Arab Emirates this week.
The store has two floors and sells Primark counterfeit clothing, including T-shirts, socks and underwear, according to a report on The National's website. Primark, however, says it has not opened the store in Dubai.
"We are aware that there is a store in Dubai that purports to be part of our group," a Primark spokesperson said in a statement today (25 April).
"Primark does not operate any stores there and this is not therefore a legitimate Primark store. The company is considering its legal options."
Primark has continued to record robust growth, with sales up 15% in the first half of the year. It also expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease.
The company has 235 stores across Europe, including Ireland, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, Germany and Belgium.
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report