UAE: Primark considers legal action over fake Dubai store
UK based value fashion retailer Primark is considering its legal options after a fake Primark store opened in the United Arab Emirates this week.
The store has two floors and sells Primark counterfeit clothing, including T-shirts, socks and underwear, according to a report on The National's website. Primark, however, says it has not opened the store in Dubai.
"We are aware that there is a store in Dubai that purports to be part of our group," a Primark spokesperson said in a statement today (25 April).
"Primark does not operate any stores there and this is not therefore a legitimate Primark store. The company is considering its legal options."
Primark has continued to record robust growth, with sales up 15% in the first half of the year. It also expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease.
The company has 235 stores across Europe, including Ireland, Spain, the Netherlands, Portugal, Germany and Belgium.
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020