UK: Primark enjoys 3% H2 sales spurt
Fast-growing value chain Primark saw "very strong sales and profit growth" in the second half, its parent company said in an update.
Primark, which is owned by Associated British Foods, reported same-store sales growth of more than 3% for the full year with second-half same-store sales in line with last year's growth of 12%.
The chain's programme for refitting and opening former Littlewoods stores is on schedule, AB Foods said, with the expectation of 18 stores trading at the financial year end.
A total of 20 stores have been opened in the second half.
Bangladesh had a tough year in 2006, with clothing manufacturers hit by a spate of violence, transport and power strikes, and criticism over factory conditions. Despite all this, the Bangladeshi appar...
Value retailer Primark has been no stranger to the headlines of late and, with recent estimates that it is now the UK's fourth-biggest women's wear retailer, is likely to stay in the spotlight for som...
Budget fashion chain Primark has taken on two directors to meet the demands of its aggressive expansion....
A key Bangladesh textile figure has contested claims that some of the country's garment workers are surviving on less than the minimum wage....
Bangladeshi factories used by UK retailers Primark, Tesco and Asda are paying workers just 5 pence an hour, according to a new report by charity War on Want....
In contrast to the current gloomy outlook on the high street, the men's plus-size clothing market (waist size 37" and above) is the fastest growing clothing sector in the UK according to new research....
US intimate apparel maker Hanesbrands has axed a supplier contract in Bangladesh, blaming violations of working hours and pay conditions....
The aggressively expanding Primark chain has notched up another year of strong profits and revenue growth boosted by increased store space, owner Associated British Foods (ABF) said....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"