UK: Primark H1 sales grow 14%
It said sales growth was driven by an increase in retail selling space combined with further like-for-like sales growth.
Over the 16 weeks ended 23 June, sales in the retail division increased 13%.
Consolidated sales across the group as a whole, which include its sugar, agriculture and grocery divisions rose 13% in the quarter and 11% over the half-year.
Since the end of the first-half, the company said the monthly sales pattern has seen more variability than usual as a result of the unseasonal weather.
Trading in the UK and Ireland during the quarter was good with the exception of April when cold and wet weather led to weak sales, the company said, while trading in continental Europe remained "healthy" throughout the period.
"As anticipated, operating margins are improving in the second half reflecting lower input costs," ABF added.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Swiss group CHT Bezema has opened what is thought to be the first bonded warehouse supplying dyes and chemicals to Ethiopia's growing textile and clothing industry....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
A holistic approach is the best means to tackle the issue of using hazardous chemicals and treating effluent in textile dyeing and finishing, according to a Dutch NGO....
Primark's third European logistics centre has been set up in Germany by DHL Supply Chain to help drive the retailer's international expansion....
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies