UK: Primark posts "outstanding" first half
The company expects its first half results to be ahead of expectations, with Primark sales expected to be 23% ahead of the same period last year.
ABF attributed the growth to very strong like-for-like sales, combined with a substantial increase in selling space and superior sales densities.
It said like-for-like sales growth of 7% benefited from comparison with weak sales during the unseasonably warm autumn in 2011 and good trading over the Christmas period.
Operating profit also improved on lower cotton prices and better trading.
In the past few months, some of the world's most powerful institutions have criticised how the apparel industry operates. And while businesses are getting advice from many different directions, Mike F...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailers involved in the recent Bangladesh apparel factory tragedies are being called on to attend meetings to discuss compensation for victims. ...
Low-cost apparel retailer Primark posted a 20% sales rise in the third quarter, despite continued cold weather in March and April....
Clothing retailers met with UK government representatives yesterday (3 July) to discuss ways to improve their supply chains following the collapse of the Rana Plaza apparel factory building in Banglad...
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide