UK: Primark posts "outstanding" first half
The company expects its first half results to be ahead of expectations, with Primark sales expected to be 23% ahead of the same period last year.
ABF attributed the growth to very strong like-for-like sales, combined with a substantial increase in selling space and superior sales densities.
It said like-for-like sales growth of 7% benefited from comparison with weak sales during the unseasonably warm autumn in 2011 and good trading over the Christmas period.
Operating profit also improved on lower cotton prices and better trading.
In the past few months, some of the world's most powerful institutions have criticised how the apparel industry operates. And while businesses are getting advice from many different directions, Mike F...
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailers involved in the recent Bangladesh apparel factory tragedies are being called on to attend meetings to discuss compensation for victims. ...
Low-cost apparel retailer Primark posted a 20% sales rise in the third quarter, despite continued cold weather in March and April....
Clothing retailers met with UK government representatives yesterday (3 July) to discuss ways to improve their supply chains following the collapse of the Rana Plaza apparel factory building in Banglad...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects