UK: Primark taps M&S sourcing head Garry Gordon
UK based value fashion retailer Primark today (11 May) confirmed that it has appointed Marks & Spencer's head of sourcing Garry Gordon as group sourcing director.
A spokesperson for Primark declined to reveal any further information when contacted by just-style.
But a spokesperson for Marks & Spencer said Gordon is "still working" for the company and a departure date has not yet been announced.
Last month Primark recorded robust growth as sales rose 15% in the first half of the year, adding that it expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease. Like-for-like sales in the six months to 3 March rose 2%, with total revenue reaching GBP1.6bn (US$2.58bn). Operating profit was up 2% to GBP154m.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
China, India, Russia and Brazil are set to become four of the six largest retail markets in the world by 2022, according to research released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). ...
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015