UK: Primark taps M&S sourcing head Garry Gordon
UK based value fashion retailer Primark today (11 May) confirmed that it has appointed Marks & Spencer's head of sourcing Garry Gordon as group sourcing director.
A spokesperson for Primark declined to reveal any further information when contacted by just-style.
But a spokesperson for Marks & Spencer said Gordon is "still working" for the company and a departure date has not yet been announced.
Last month Primark recorded robust growth as sales rose 15% in the first half of the year, adding that it expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease. Like-for-like sales in the six months to 3 March rose 2%, with total revenue reaching GBP1.6bn (US$2.58bn). Operating profit was up 2% to GBP154m.
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
China, India, Russia and Brazil are set to become four of the six largest retail markets in the world by 2022, according to research released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). ...
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024