UK: Primark taps M&S sourcing head Garry Gordon
UK based value fashion retailer Primark today (11 May) confirmed that it has appointed Marks & Spencer's head of sourcing Garry Gordon as group sourcing director.
A spokesperson for Primark declined to reveal any further information when contacted by just-style.
But a spokesperson for Marks & Spencer said Gordon is "still working" for the company and a departure date has not yet been announced.
Last month Primark recorded robust growth as sales rose 15% in the first half of the year, adding that it expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease. Like-for-like sales in the six months to 3 March rose 2%, with total revenue reaching GBP1.6bn (US$2.58bn). Operating profit was up 2% to GBP154m.
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
China, India, Russia and Brazil are set to become four of the six largest retail markets in the world by 2022, according to research released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). ...
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Transparency boosts Cambodia factory improvements
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre