UK: Primark taps M&S sourcing head Garry Gordon
UK based value fashion retailer Primark today (11 May) confirmed that it has appointed Marks & Spencer's head of sourcing Garry Gordon as group sourcing director.
A spokesperson for Primark declined to reveal any further information when contacted by just-style.
But a spokesperson for Marks & Spencer said Gordon is "still working" for the company and a departure date has not yet been announced.
Last month Primark recorded robust growth as sales rose 15% in the first half of the year, adding that it expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease. Like-for-like sales in the six months to 3 March rose 2%, with total revenue reaching GBP1.6bn (US$2.58bn). Operating profit was up 2% to GBP154m.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
China, India, Russia and Brazil are set to become four of the six largest retail markets in the world by 2022, according to research released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). ...
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects