UK: Primark taps M&S sourcing head Garry Gordon
UK based value fashion retailer Primark today (11 May) confirmed that it has appointed Marks & Spencer's head of sourcing Garry Gordon as group sourcing director.
A spokesperson for Primark declined to reveal any further information when contacted by just-style.
But a spokesperson for Marks & Spencer said Gordon is "still working" for the company and a departure date has not yet been announced.
Last month Primark recorded robust growth as sales rose 15% in the first half of the year, adding that it expects profit growth to accelerate as cotton prices ease. Like-for-like sales in the six months to 3 March rose 2%, with total revenue reaching GBP1.6bn (US$2.58bn). Operating profit was up 2% to GBP154m.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
China, India, Russia and Brazil are set to become four of the six largest retail markets in the world by 2022, according to research released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). ...
Primark owner Associated British Foods has said it expects full-year sales at the value clothing retailer to be 17% ahead of last year at constant currency, or 15% at actual exchange rates....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019