GERMANY: Primark to drive expansion with logistics centre
The 40,000 square metre logistics centre in Mönchengladbach will supply the discount fashion chain's stores in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
The facility features a hanging garment racking and rail transport system and is built to warehouse and dispatch carton-packed fashion garments. It is designed to pick and transport up to 16m shipments a year.
The warehouse will create 150 jobs, with this number forecast to rise to 250 over the next few years.
Primark unveiled its first German store in 2009 and has since opened eight further stores as well as two in Austria, one in Belgium and a further two in the Netherlands. Primark-DHL logistics centres also operate in the UK and Spain.
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
The most read stories on just-style this week focused on the response to the collapse of the Rana Plaza building in Bangladesh, which killed over 400 people. There have been renewed calls for increase...
Labour rights campaigners have cautiously welcomed the announcements by four brands that they will pay compensation to victims of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh last Wednesday....
A group of Western clothing retailers and brands have agreed to a deadline later this month to finalise a fire and building safety plan aimed at preventing industrial disasters like the collapse last ...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects