GERMANY: Primark to drive expansion with logistics centre
The 40,000 square metre logistics centre in Mönchengladbach will supply the discount fashion chain's stores in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
The facility features a hanging garment racking and rail transport system and is built to warehouse and dispatch carton-packed fashion garments. It is designed to pick and transport up to 16m shipments a year.
The warehouse will create 150 jobs, with this number forecast to rise to 250 over the next few years.
Primark unveiled its first German store in 2009 and has since opened eight further stores as well as two in Austria, one in Belgium and a further two in the Netherlands. Primark-DHL logistics centres also operate in the UK and Spain.
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
The most read stories on just-style this week focused on the response to the collapse of the Rana Plaza building in Bangladesh, which killed over 400 people. There have been renewed calls for increase...
Labour rights campaigners have cautiously welcomed the announcements by four brands that they will pay compensation to victims of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh last Wednesday....
A group of Western clothing retailers and brands have agreed to a deadline later this month to finalise a fire and building safety plan aimed at preventing industrial disasters like the collapse last ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend