GERMANY: Primark to drive expansion with logistics centre
The 40,000 square metre logistics centre in Mönchengladbach will supply the discount fashion chain's stores in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
The facility features a hanging garment racking and rail transport system and is built to warehouse and dispatch carton-packed fashion garments. It is designed to pick and transport up to 16m shipments a year.
The warehouse will create 150 jobs, with this number forecast to rise to 250 over the next few years.
Primark unveiled its first German store in 2009 and has since opened eight further stores as well as two in Austria, one in Belgium and a further two in the Netherlands. Primark-DHL logistics centres also operate in the UK and Spain.
Actions need to speak louder than words when it comes to tackling working conditions in the Bangladesh garment industry. And in the wake of the collapse last week of the Rana Plaza building near Dhaka...
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
The most read stories on just-style this week focused on the response to the collapse of the Rana Plaza building in Bangladesh, which killed over 400 people. There have been renewed calls for increase...
Labour rights campaigners have cautiously welcomed the announcements by four brands that they will pay compensation to victims of the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh last Wednesday....
A group of Western clothing retailers and brands have agreed to a deadline later this month to finalise a fire and building safety plan aimed at preventing industrial disasters like the collapse last ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details