UK: Primark to install Island Pacific Planning tool
Budget fashion retailer Primark is to install the Island Pacific Planning solution to help plan across all levels of its business.
The retailer, which has over 190 locations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, The Netherlands, and Belgium, will interface the software to its existing systems.
With a business based on high volume and low cost, with massive levels of stock constantly moving through the supply chain, Primark plans to use the solution to be more reactive to the demands of its ever-changing and expanding business.
"We believe it will provide the buying and merchandising teams with an effective set of tools that will support the growth of the business through more efficient and timely planning, monitoring and forecasting and significantly reduce manual input," said Mike Dotson, vice president of global sales for Island Pacific.
Island Pacific Planning is the cornerstone of Island Pacific's Assortment Management solution and consists of Merchandise Planning (incorporating price points and category mix analysis and key item planning), Store Planning (incorporating store clustering and grading) and Assortment Planning.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Primark must be breathing slightly easier today (16 March) following a torrid week in which it has been battered by a large section of the UK media....
Discount and value retailers have transformed the clothing industry in recent years, reinventing the consumer perception of a bargain and squeezing supply margins....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
Cut-price clothing chain Primark drove a 20% increase in adjusted first half profits at Associated British Foods (ABF) to GBP331m (US$510m)....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda....
A number of high-profile UK retailers are set to review their ranges amid a furore over "inappropriate" clothing for girls....
Value clothing chain Primark has withdrawn a controversial girl's bikini top with immediate effect following criticism concerning its appropriateness....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022