UK: Pringle To Open New Stand-Alone Stores
Luxury Scottish knitwear and cashmere brand Pringle said on Monday it will open a dozen stand-alone luxury stores around the world over the next three years.
The first will open at Heathrow Airport's Terminal Three in May and feature its new range of accessories, with new stores in London's Bond Street and Sloane Street due to follow this autumn.
The news comes just days after Pringle announced it is to be re-launched in the US, with top New York department store Barneys and Hollywood's Maxfield and Fred Segal being the first to take the range.
The move is the latest in a complete shake-up of the 185-year old brand under Kim Winser, who joined as chief executive two years ago from Marks & Spencer.
She was given a free reign by Hong-Kong-based fashion leaders the Fang Brothers who had just bought Pringle from Dawson International for £6 million.
One of her first acts in repositioning Pringle as a "must-have" fashion item was to get rid of its dowdy image by axing golf star Nick Faldo from his £1.5m-a-year sponsorship.
Winser then brought in a new range of contemporary, pastel and sorbet coloured jumpers with a slimmer, more streamlined fit. She also slashed prices in half.
Companies: Barneys New York Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Jones Apparel Group said it sees good global opportunities for the recently bought Barneys luxury chain. In addition, the company has made an "astronomical bid" for the Kate Spade accessories label, r...
Clothing group Jones Apparel has enjoyed a 63% hike in fourth-quarter net earnings, but a full-year earnings slip. The company also detailed growth plans for 2006 and beyond....
Clothing, footwear and accessories group Jones Apparel has announced changes to the management of its wholesale apparel business....
Top clothing company Jones Apparel Group has successfully implemented a merchandising system from 7thOnline to streamline its assortment planning processes for multiple divisions....
Apparel, footwear and accessories group Jones Apparel Group has reported a tumble in earnings on lowered sales and weak department store trading....
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Ghurka, the 30 year-old American luxury brand specialising in handcrafted leather goods and accessories, has appointed designer John Bartlett as its new creative director....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report