GERMANY: Private equity firm buys Bench brand owner
Munich-based private equity firm EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH is to buy Americana International Limited, owner of the Bench fashion brand.
Established in 1987, Bench is best-known for its ladies' and men's collections and a core consumer in the 20-30 year-old age group.
Rapid growth in recent years has seen Bench transform from a UK focused business into an international brand distributed in 26 countries across Europe and North America, generating global sales in excess of GBP100m (US$167m) per year. Distribution includes e-commerce, 80 owned and franchised retail stores, and a network of wholesale partners.
"Americana has established Bench as a successful international brand," explains Kai Obring, partner at EMERAM. "We will build upon this strong foundation and continue to develop the business with its unique position as a multi-purpose city clothing brand."
Manchester, UK headquartered Americana was previously owned by HgCapital. The parties did not disclose the sale price.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis