GERMANY: Private equity firm buys Bench brand owner
Munich-based private equity firm EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH is to buy Americana International Limited, owner of the Bench fashion brand.
Established in 1987, Bench is best-known for its ladies' and men's collections and a core consumer in the 20-30 year-old age group.
Rapid growth in recent years has seen Bench transform from a UK focused business into an international brand distributed in 26 countries across Europe and North America, generating global sales in excess of GBP100m (US$167m) per year. Distribution includes e-commerce, 80 owned and franchised retail stores, and a network of wholesale partners.
"Americana has established Bench as a successful international brand," explains Kai Obring, partner at EMERAM. "We will build upon this strong foundation and continue to develop the business with its unique position as a multi-purpose city clothing brand."
Manchester, UK headquartered Americana was previously owned by HgCapital. The parties did not disclose the sale price.
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years