GERMANY: Private equity firm buys Bench brand owner
Munich-based private equity firm EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH is to buy Americana International Limited, owner of the Bench fashion brand.
Established in 1987, Bench is best-known for its ladies' and men's collections and a core consumer in the 20-30 year-old age group.
Rapid growth in recent years has seen Bench transform from a UK focused business into an international brand distributed in 26 countries across Europe and North America, generating global sales in excess of GBP100m (US$167m) per year. Distribution includes e-commerce, 80 owned and franchised retail stores, and a network of wholesale partners.
"Americana has established Bench as a successful international brand," explains Kai Obring, partner at EMERAM. "We will build upon this strong foundation and continue to develop the business with its unique position as a multi-purpose city clothing brand."
Manchester, UK headquartered Americana was previously owned by HgCapital. The parties did not disclose the sale price.
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead