GERMANY: Private equity firm buys Bench brand owner
Munich-based private equity firm EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH is to buy Americana International Limited, owner of the Bench fashion brand.
Established in 1987, Bench is best-known for its ladies' and men's collections and a core consumer in the 20-30 year-old age group.
Rapid growth in recent years has seen Bench transform from a UK focused business into an international brand distributed in 26 countries across Europe and North America, generating global sales in excess of GBP100m (US$167m) per year. Distribution includes e-commerce, 80 owned and franchised retail stores, and a network of wholesale partners.
"Americana has established Bench as a successful international brand," explains Kai Obring, partner at EMERAM. "We will build upon this strong foundation and continue to develop the business with its unique position as a multi-purpose city clothing brand."
Manchester, UK headquartered Americana was previously owned by HgCapital. The parties did not disclose the sale price.
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Benetton $1.6m Rana Plaza payment “insufficient”
- Traceable label offers textile transparency
- Dickies debuts body heat mapping tech workwear
- US teens trend to athleisure, value and online