GERMANY: Private equity firm buys Bench brand owner
Munich-based private equity firm EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH is to buy Americana International Limited, owner of the Bench fashion brand.
Established in 1987, Bench is best-known for its ladies' and men's collections and a core consumer in the 20-30 year-old age group.
Rapid growth in recent years has seen Bench transform from a UK focused business into an international brand distributed in 26 countries across Europe and North America, generating global sales in excess of GBP100m (US$167m) per year. Distribution includes e-commerce, 80 owned and franchised retail stores, and a network of wholesale partners.
"Americana has established Bench as a successful international brand," explains Kai Obring, partner at EMERAM. "We will build upon this strong foundation and continue to develop the business with its unique position as a multi-purpose city clothing brand."
Manchester, UK headquartered Americana was previously owned by HgCapital. The parties did not disclose the sale price.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details