INDIA: Private Labels Are A Threat To Global Brands
The boss of a major fashion company has warned that private labels are increasingly threatening global brands. Mr Natalino Duo, managing director of DCM Benetton India Ltd, has warned that private labels are making consumers more price sensitive. Speaking at the KSA Retail Summit he said: "The challenge and learning for Indian retailers should be to acquire brand management competence to change private labels into successful household brands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"