UK: Profits Up At Shoe Giant Clarks
Britain's largest shoe retailer, Clarks, on Thursday posted a 27per cent jump in annual pre-tax profits to £46.8 million compared to the year-ago period.
The company said turnover in the 53 weeks to January 31, climbed seven per cent to £937m from the year earlier and that its current fiscal year had begun well.
It added that problems with a distribution centre in Belgium had hit profits at its international unit but they have been solved and the division is now performing well.
Companies: C&J Clark International
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Italian shoemaker Geox, known for its 'breathing' shoes, expects sales to rise 50% in Spain this year, a spokeswoman confirmed to just-style on Tuesday (7 February)....
Charity Steps has launched a campaign against shoe chain Clarks after the latter scrapped its unique scheme for children with irregular sized feet....
Consumer products group Pacific Brands has agreed to acquire New Zealand-based thermal wear and bedwares business Arthur Ellis for NZD13.2 million....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack