UK: Profits Up At Shoe Giant Clarks
Britain's largest shoe retailer, Clarks, on Thursday posted a 27per cent jump in annual pre-tax profits to £46.8 million compared to the year-ago period.
The company said turnover in the 53 weeks to January 31, climbed seven per cent to £937m from the year earlier and that its current fiscal year had begun well.
It added that problems with a distribution centre in Belgium had hit profits at its international unit but they have been solved and the division is now performing well.
Companies: C&J Clark International
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Italian shoemaker Geox, known for its 'breathing' shoes, expects sales to rise 50% in Spain this year, a spokeswoman confirmed to just-style on Tuesday (7 February)....
Charity Steps has launched a campaign against shoe chain Clarks after the latter scrapped its unique scheme for children with irregular sized feet....
Consumer products group Pacific Brands has agreed to acquire New Zealand-based thermal wear and bedwares business Arthur Ellis for NZD13.2 million....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective