INDIA: Proline Launches Fila Branded Apparel And Shoes
Proline India has partnered with well-known Italian company Fila to introduce the firm's shoes and apparel into India. Proline Sportsystem, the sports and fitness division of Proline India, will import Fila shoes manufactured at its plants in China and Indonesia for sales in the Indian market. The shoes will be priced at Rs. 2500/- (US $ 54/-) and above. Unbranded, pure leather shoes are available at $4 in India. Fila shoes will not be manufactured in India as the company says that India does not have the necessary shoe technology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth