UK: Promising share debut for Adili
Ethical online clothing trader Adili enjoyed a buoyant first day's trading on London's Alternative Investment Market (AIM), boosting its share price from 17.5 pence to 19 pence on Tuesday (11 December).
The company placed 8.57m ordinary shares in total, raising GBP1.5m (US$3.1m). The net proceeds, estimated at GBP1.2m, will be used to fund the creation of Adili's new own-label range, as well as for working capital to aid the company's general expansion plans.
Adili has been in business for just over a year, aiming to tap into the current consumer vogue for buying ethically-sourced, environmentally friendly products.
The company currently sells existing brands through its website, but now hopes to source its own products with the creation of an own-label range.
Founded by Quentin Griffiths, ex-director of Asos, another successful online clothing trader, the company also hopes that its AIM listing will enhance its credibility and reputation, as well as enabling it to offer attractive incentives to senior staff.
Online fashion retailer Asos seems to be coasting through the retail slump with two main selling points - Internet and celebrity. Joe Ayling interviews Asos CEO Nick Robertson to find out more....
Internet-based fashion retailer Asos expects to post full-year profit slightly ahead of market expectations after nearly doubling recent sales, and despite closure costs at its Buncefield warehouse....
The board of online ethical trader Adili has announced acquiring the ethical fashion brand Ascension....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack