US: PTC adds new design, sourcing functions to FlexPLM
PTC has expanded its product lifecycle management solution to help companies in the retail, apparel and footwear industries create product specifications faster and reduce cycle time.
The latest release, FlexPLM 9.0, is said to improve collaboration across merchandising, design and sourcing departments, as well as with supply chain partners.
FlexPLM was originally designed to help connect merchandising and design with product development and sourcing in order to realise greater value in their implementation.
FlexPLM 9.0 now brings together designers, merchandisers, planners, suppliers and buyers early in the product development process so that more products can be efficiently created and quickly delivered to the market.
Design enhancements include integration with Adobe Illustrator, faster creation of product specifications, and advanced capabilities for financial, creative, sourcing and material planning.
A new feature also enables designers to create multiple concept products for placeholders in the line plan and then adopt into seasonal lines when appropriate
On the sourcing side, designers can now create an enhanced Request for Quote (RFQ), send it to one or more suppliers, and review quotes from multiple sources.
They can also request samples for multiple products and sources at the same time, and work off-line with suppliers located in countries that may not have reliable Internet access.
US supply chain software company Ecvision has released a new version of its Xpresscommerce solution this week, which it said has greater configurability features for its user base....
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year....
Apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation is enhancing its supply chain management capabilities with a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to support its worldwide sourcing operations....
Australian outdoor boot and clothing brand RM Williams has taken another step towards streamlining its product development process with the web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system from Jus...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024