US: PTC adds new design, sourcing functions to FlexPLM
PTC has expanded its product lifecycle management solution to help companies in the retail, apparel and footwear industries create product specifications faster and reduce cycle time.
The latest release, FlexPLM 9.0, is said to improve collaboration across merchandising, design and sourcing departments, as well as with supply chain partners.
FlexPLM was originally designed to help connect merchandising and design with product development and sourcing in order to realise greater value in their implementation.
FlexPLM 9.0 now brings together designers, merchandisers, planners, suppliers and buyers early in the product development process so that more products can be efficiently created and quickly delivered to the market.
Design enhancements include integration with Adobe Illustrator, faster creation of product specifications, and advanced capabilities for financial, creative, sourcing and material planning.
A new feature also enables designers to create multiple concept products for placeholders in the line plan and then adopt into seasonal lines when appropriate
On the sourcing side, designers can now create an enhanced Request for Quote (RFQ), send it to one or more suppliers, and review quotes from multiple sources.
They can also request samples for multiple products and sources at the same time, and work off-line with suppliers located in countries that may not have reliable Internet access.
US supply chain software company Ecvision has released a new version of its Xpresscommerce solution this week, which it said has greater configurability features for its user base....
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year....
Apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation is enhancing its supply chain management capabilities with a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to support its worldwide sourcing operations....
Australian outdoor boot and clothing brand RM Williams has taken another step towards streamlining its product development process with the web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system from Jus...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019