US: PTC releases latest version of Windchill PLM
The Product Development Company has released the latest version of its Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, which now lets manufacturers to do more throughout the product lifecycle, know more about product performance and get more value from PLM.
With new capabilities that focus on product analytics and quality management, Windchill 10.0 allows customers to define, manage, and validate complete bills of material (BOMs), providing links across the entire lifecycle.
It also includes a new user experience and improved system administration, which help make it easier to use.
"Customers are constantly telling us about the escalating complexity of product development driven by manufacturers' focus on increased product differentiation, an explosion in the volume of regulatory constraints, continual quality pressures, the realisation of service operations as a significant profit centre, and heightened sensitivity to the environmental impact of product operations," says Brian Shepherd, executive vice president, product development, PTC.
As product lifecycle management (PLM) software becomes a greater necessity to inject organisational efficiency in today's highly competitive global fashion market, PLM vendors are rushing to provide c...
Three years ago, just when Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software was beginning to generate a buzz as a tool to simplify and inject efficiency into apparel supply chains, some complained the syst...
Featured reports in just-style's research store include an analysis of the South Korean apparel retail sector, the top 300 textile wholesalers and a look at the women's plus size channel in the UK....
Canadian women's apparel and accessories retailer Groupe Dynamite is using TradeStone's Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) software to gain greater control and visibility of its supply chain to su...
Gerber Technology has expanded its product lifecycle management (PLM) team with the appointment of Michael Lock, who will manage YuniquePLM implementations in retail and consumer goods companies in th...
Fashion and lifestyle business s.Oliver has decided to implement the Version 6 PLM solution developed by French PLM specialist Dassault Systèmes....
A new deal between two software companies is expected to lead to an integrated PLM tool that will fill gaps in the fashion design, product development, and sourcing processes for businesses running th...
Dome, the official Japanese licensee of the US-based athletic performance brand Under Armour, is to implement the Technia apparel product lifecycle management (PLM) package in a bid to reduce costs an...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey