US: PTC releases latest version of Windchill PLM
The Product Development Company has released the latest version of its Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, which now lets manufacturers to do more throughout the product lifecycle, know more about product performance and get more value from PLM.
With new capabilities that focus on product analytics and quality management, Windchill 10.0 allows customers to define, manage, and validate complete bills of material (BOMs), providing links across the entire lifecycle.
It also includes a new user experience and improved system administration, which help make it easier to use.
"Customers are constantly telling us about the escalating complexity of product development driven by manufacturers' focus on increased product differentiation, an explosion in the volume of regulatory constraints, continual quality pressures, the realisation of service operations as a significant profit centre, and heightened sensitivity to the environmental impact of product operations," says Brian Shepherd, executive vice president, product development, PTC.
As product lifecycle management (PLM) software becomes a greater necessity to inject organisational efficiency in today's highly competitive global fashion market, PLM vendors are rushing to provide c...
Three years ago, just when Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software was beginning to generate a buzz as a tool to simplify and inject efficiency into apparel supply chains, some complained the syst...
Featured reports in just-style's research store include an analysis of the South Korean apparel retail sector, the top 300 textile wholesalers and a look at the women's plus size channel in the UK....
Canadian women's apparel and accessories retailer Groupe Dynamite is using TradeStone's Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) software to gain greater control and visibility of its supply chain to su...
Gerber Technology has expanded its product lifecycle management (PLM) team with the appointment of Michael Lock, who will manage YuniquePLM implementations in retail and consumer goods companies in th...
Fashion and lifestyle business s.Oliver has decided to implement the Version 6 PLM solution developed by French PLM specialist Dassault Systèmes....
A new deal between two software companies is expected to lead to an integrated PLM tool that will fill gaps in the fashion design, product development, and sourcing processes for businesses running th...
Dome, the official Japanese licensee of the US-based athletic performance brand Under Armour, is to implement the Technia apparel product lifecycle management (PLM) package in a bid to reduce costs an...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024