FRANCE: Puma boss Zeitz appointed to PPR board
The executive committee comprises the chairman and CEO of PPR, Francois-Henri Pinault, the CEOs of its subsidiaries and senior managers of PPR.
Zeitz said the appointment "will reinforce Puma's position within the PPR Group and the support of PPR's executive committee gives us the possibility to further strengthen our position as one of the most desirable sportlifestyle companies."
PPR acquired a majority interest in Puma earlier this year, and on 18 July held 62.1% of Puma's share capital. PPR has not purchased any additional Puma shares since that date.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Puma today (28 February) named designer Hussein Chalayan as its creative director, and said it has bought a majority stake in Chalayan's London-based fashion business and brand....
French luxury goods group PPR remains confident of continuing success in 2008 after recording a 51% hike in net income during 2007....
Sportswear giant Puma ended 2007 with a strong fourth quarter sales performance, with revenues rising more than 10%....
French department store group Printemps has announced that Didier Lalance, currently the head of its boulevard Haussmann flagship store in central Paris, has been handed the task of piloting the "stra...
Here is a roundup of the top five must-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
French luxury goods group PPR saw revenues grow 16% during 2007 on the back of strong performance from its brands, including Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent....
Sportswear company Puma is maintaining a high profile at football's Africa Cup of Nations, with nine out of the 16 teams wearing the German company's kit....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective