GERMANY: Puma Q3 Sales Up 15%, Raises FY Forecast
Strong demand for its sportswear and shoes in Europe, America and Asia pushed Puma AG's third quarter sales up 15 per cent and prompted the firm to raise its net profit forecast for the full year.
Pre-tax profit rose to €124 million from €104 million a year ago, and earnings before interest and taxes increased to €122.4 million from €103.8 million a year earlier.
Sales rose by 14.6 per cent to €460.9 million from €402 million euros a year ago. European sales were up 11.1 per cent to €314 million in the third quarter, while sales in the Americas region grew by 26.8 per cent in local currency.
Puma said it now expects a 35-40 per cent increase in 2004 net profit, up from its previous forecast of 30 per cent growth.
Companies: Puma AG
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Investment company Mayfair has admitted that the acquisition of a majority stake in sports products company Puma AG is possible following the announcement that it had upped its stake in the manufactur...
Japan-based sports shoe maker Asics Corp says it aims to come up to the same level as German competitor Puma AG within the next few years, German weekly magazine WirtschaftsWoche said today....
Sportswear company Puma has released details of the next stage in its long-term business plan - in which it aims to reinforce its position as one of the leading multi-category sport lifestyle brands -...
Sportswear maker Puma has signed a deal to be the official supplier to teams belonging to the Manu Samoa Rugby Union, and has also reported good second-quarter trading....
Germany's Cartel Office has given its approval to entrepreneur siblings Gunter and Daniela Herz's proposal to buy a majority stake in sportswear company Puma....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
German sportswear company Puma's Polish subsidiary aims to grow its operations in the country to become the third biggest brand in the Polish sports fashion market by 2007, director general Piotr Cich...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020