USA: PUMA Releases Vince Carter
PUMA North America, Inc and Vince Carter announced today that an agreement has been reached resolving all issues raised by the arbitration decision issued last month, which awarded PUMA damages of $13.5m and enjoined Carter from endorsing or wearing the apparel or footwear of any PUMA competitor for a period of three years.Under the terms of the agreement, PUMA and Vince Carter will end theirbusiness relationship in exchange for a significant financial payment to PUMA. The precise amount PUMA will receive is to remain confidential under the terms of the agreement. "We feel that we are adequately compensated for damages and past and future losses," commented Jochen Zeitz, PUMA CEO and Chairman. "Carter is a great athlete, and we wish him all the best throughout his career.""I am grateful that PUMA granted me an opportunity in the beginning of my career, and will now give me a second chance with another company," declared Carter when asked about how he feels about his past experience with PUMA as an endorser."This was the best solution, considering the circumstances that led to this situation in the first place," explained Carter. He commented that these circumstances arose because he was badly advised, and had nothing to do with the quality of the shoes, which he wore exclusively during the season he was named 'Rookie of the Year'.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020