US: Puma selects JDA to streamline store assortments
Puma aims to streamline its assortment strategies with the JDA Allocation tool
German sportswear firm Puma has implemented the JDA Allocation tool to streamline its assortment strategies to boost sales and reduce markdowns.
JDA said the tool will help Puma tackle low-size-level availability, high markdowns and inefficient visual merchandising due to a lack of space and presentation requirements.
The company said it will also help Puma improve in-season item performance and non-effective and manual case pack allocation, and address high manual workloads that result in an inability to operate frequent allocations.
"JDA Allocation is one of the most robust solutions in the marketplace and we believe it will help us to quickly and effectively optimize store-specific allocations across our entire retail enterprise," said Stefan Meyrat, head of global retail at Puma Retail.
"The JDA Allocation implementation will serve as the first milestone in our multi-phased plan to achieve globally integrated planning and assortment management to allocate our Performance and Lifestyle collections to the right store at the right time."
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
The recent garment factory tragedies in Bangladesh are pushing the industry towards a tipping point - as consumers call for increased sustainability and information about where their clothes come from...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies