US: Puma selects JDA to streamline store assortments
Puma aims to streamline its assortment strategies with the JDA Allocation tool
German sportswear firm Puma has implemented the JDA Allocation tool to streamline its assortment strategies to boost sales and reduce markdowns.
JDA said the tool will help Puma tackle low-size-level availability, high markdowns and inefficient visual merchandising due to a lack of space and presentation requirements.
The company said it will also help Puma improve in-season item performance and non-effective and manual case pack allocation, and address high manual workloads that result in an inability to operate frequent allocations.
"JDA Allocation is one of the most robust solutions in the marketplace and we believe it will help us to quickly and effectively optimize store-specific allocations across our entire retail enterprise," said Stefan Meyrat, head of global retail at Puma Retail.
"The JDA Allocation implementation will serve as the first milestone in our multi-phased plan to achieve globally integrated planning and assortment management to allocate our Performance and Lifestyle collections to the right store at the right time."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
The recent garment factory tragedies in Bangladesh are pushing the industry towards a tipping point - as consumers call for increased sustainability and information about where their clothes come from...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Approximately 40 workers have fainted at a garment factory in Cambodia, allegedly after inhaling glue fumes. ...
Sportswear brand Puma saw net income fall during the first half on weakening sales in China and Europe, combined with declining margins....
French luxury group Kering has set up an advisory group to help advise and advance its sustainability strategy....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)