GERMANY: Puma to launch compostable clothing
Puma has confirmed plans to launch a range of compostable and recyclable shoes and clothing in the autumn.
The PPR-controlled company plans to offer the first completely biodegradable products by 2013, company CEO Franz Koch said in an interview with Wirtshafts Woche.
In November, the sportswear firm revealed its first environmental profit and loss accounts as part of efforts to operate in a more sustainable way.
Other sustainability initiatives include eco-friendly Re Suede shoe, which are made using 100% recycled materials. The shoes are transported in a little bag, which is lighter than shoe boxes.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
French apparel group PPR has entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family brands for EUR119m (US$156m). ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019