GERMANY: Puma to launch compostable clothing
Puma has confirmed plans to launch a range of compostable and recyclable shoes and clothing in the autumn.
The PPR-controlled company plans to offer the first completely biodegradable products by 2013, company CEO Franz Koch said in an interview with Wirtshafts Woche.
In November, the sportswear firm revealed its first environmental profit and loss accounts as part of efforts to operate in a more sustainable way.
Other sustainability initiatives include eco-friendly Re Suede shoe, which are made using 100% recycled materials. The shoes are transported in a little bag, which is lighter than shoe boxes.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
French apparel group PPR has entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family brands for EUR119m (US$156m). ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark