GERMANY: Puma To Score With Sushi Soccer Ads?
German sportswear giant Puma AG has come up with a weird and wacky way to promote its new range of soccer boots ahead of this summer's World Cup - by placing them in bamboo and glass display cases in sushi restaurants.
The company will place its new Shudoh soccer boots in 15 sushi bars around the world - including Hong Kong, London, Madrid and New York - and will have its name on dinner mates, sake glasses, soy-sauce bowls and chopstick holders.
The bizarre promotional campaign will be backed up by an advert featuring soccer-hardman turned Hollywood-star Vinnie Jones who karate-kicks his way through a sushi restaurant packed with Puma-sponsored soccer players.
Last month, Puma revealed a 185 per cent jump in first quarter profits amid soaring sales and record orders for its sports footwear. It said it now expects 2002 pre-tax profits to smash its earlier forecasts and climb more than 30 per cent this year.
Major growth in EU and US markets helped push first quarter earnings up 184.8 per cent to 33.6 million euros ($29.97m) from the year-ago period, while sales surged 55.8 per cent to 232.8 million euros.
Companies: Puma AG
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Investment company Mayfair has admitted that the acquisition of a majority stake in sports products company Puma AG is possible following the announcement that it had upped its stake in the manufactur...
Japan-based sports shoe maker Asics Corp says it aims to come up to the same level as German competitor Puma AG within the next few years, German weekly magazine WirtschaftsWoche said today....
Sportswear company Puma has released details of the next stage in its long-term business plan - in which it aims to reinforce its position as one of the leading multi-category sport lifestyle brands -...
Sportswear maker Puma has signed a deal to be the official supplier to teams belonging to the Manu Samoa Rugby Union, and has also reported good second-quarter trading....
Germany's Cartel Office has given its approval to entrepreneur siblings Gunter and Daniela Herz's proposal to buy a majority stake in sportswear company Puma....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
German sportswear company Puma's Polish subsidiary aims to grow its operations in the country to become the third biggest brand in the Polish sports fashion market by 2007, director general Piotr Cich...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar