US: PVH Corp signs licensing deal with Axis Golf
Apparel giant PVH Corp has entered into a license agreement with Axis Golf for the marketing and distribution of men's sportswear, golf apparel and accessories under the Izod brand.
The deal will see Axis Golf market and distribute the products in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and other South Pacific islands. The initial term of the agreement runs through to December 2018.
The product range will be sold at Golf World and Golf Mart chains owned by an affiliate of Axis Golf and into selected stores, including Izod stores to be operated by Axis Golf.
Products manufactured under the deal will include dress shirts, neckwear, and underwear, in addition to the distribution of belts, headwear, watches, umbrellas and flip flops.
"We are thrilled to have found the right partner to manage the expansion of the Izod brand into Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and other key South Pacific islands," said Ken Wyse, president of licensing for PVH Corp.
"Axis Golf Pty Limited is a proven leader with extensive knowledge and expertise in men's apparel and accessories, both in the wholesale and retail channels and we look forward to jointly building a successful partnership in the South Pacific."
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019