US: PVH cuts Q4, full-year revenue forecasts
PVH Corp has lowered its revenue guidance for the fourth quarter and full year, after previously warning of a competitive and highly promotional holiday season.
The apparel giant, whose brands include Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, now expects fourth-quarter adjusted revenue to be US$2.06bn, compared to its earlier guidance of $2.08bn. Full-year adjusted revenue is forecast to be $8.22bn, down from its previous estimate of $8.24bn.
PVH reaffirmed its respective $1.40 and $7.00 earnings per share guidance for the fourth quarter and full year.
CEO Manny Chirico added the company will see some improvement in the second half of the year, with the new autumn products, including jeans and underwear.
The comments came after PVH recorded a double-digit increase in third-quarter profit to US$196.6m from $167.7m in the prior-year period.
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Plimsoll Publishing’s UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts