US: PVH inks Van Heusen slipper license with Ashko Group
PVH Corp has signed a licensing deal with Ashko Group, which will market and distribute a new line of men's and boys' slippers under PVH's Van Heusen brand.
The initial term of the agreement runs through 2014 and provides for a renewal at PVH's option. The slippers will be distributed at major department stores and specialty stores throughout the US and Canada.
"We continue to look for strategic partners to build upon the growing Van Heusen brand, and Ashko Group has extensive experience in this category," said Allen Sirkin, president and COO of PVH Corp. "We look forward to having Ashko Group as a Van Heusen licensee to develop this niche category for us."
New York based Ashko Group makes slippers, sandals and socks for licensed brands like Laura Ashley and Bon Bebe, as well as character licenses for Barbie, Monster High and Peanuts.
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
Synergy Licensing has been named as one of Laura Ashley's licensing agencies, to help expand the brand into juvenile, toys, collectibles, publishing and consumable categories....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Mothercare pursues "aggressive" plan of recovery
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal