US: PVH Q1 profit surges on new acquisitions
- Underlying net income up 59% to US$155.6m
- Revenue up 36% to $1.94bn
- Warnaco, Tommy Hilfiger principal growth drivers
The US company said the former Warnaco business was responsible for $487m of the near-$2bn revenue registered in the three months to 5 May, with Tommy Hilfiger contributing a further $41m.
Calvin Klein revenues were $638m, up from $262m last year thanks to strong performances from the brand’s jeans and underwear businesses in China and Brazil, which were previously handled by Warnaco.
North America retail comparable store sales for Calvin Klein were up 4%, but international comps fell 5%.
Tommy Hilfiger revenues rose 5% to $811m, driven by a 14% revenue increase in North America, where comps were up 5%, offset by flat sales from the brand’s international business.
PVH’s Heritage Brands posted 24% revenue growth to $491m, of which $126m was supplied by Warnaco’s Speedo swimwear and its Warner’s and Olga women’s intimate apparel businesses.
“Our results demonstrated the strength of the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses, which both continue to exhibit strong global growth, despite the macro-environment and unseasonably cold weather that negatively impacted sales of spring product in North America and Europe,” said Emanuel Chirico, PVH chairman and CEO.
“We were also pleased to see the strong operating improvements in our pre-existing Heritage Brands wholesale business, primarily in the sportswear division, and believe the Speedo, Warner’s and Olga brands are proving to be strategic complements to our pre-existing Heritage Brands portfolio.”
PVH maintained its full-year guidance of revenues of $8.2bn and underlying earnings per share of $7.00.
Canadean's "Tommy Hilfiger Group: Retail - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key fact...
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
Tommy Hilfiger Europe B.V. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a de...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy