US: PVH Q1 profit surges on new acquisitions
- Underlying net income up 59% to US$155.6m
- Revenue up 36% to $1.94bn
- Warnaco, Tommy Hilfiger principal growth drivers
The US company said the former Warnaco business was responsible for $487m of the near-$2bn revenue registered in the three months to 5 May, with Tommy Hilfiger contributing a further $41m.
Calvin Klein revenues were $638m, up from $262m last year thanks to strong performances from the brand’s jeans and underwear businesses in China and Brazil, which were previously handled by Warnaco.
North America retail comparable store sales for Calvin Klein were up 4%, but international comps fell 5%.
Tommy Hilfiger revenues rose 5% to $811m, driven by a 14% revenue increase in North America, where comps were up 5%, offset by flat sales from the brand’s international business.
PVH’s Heritage Brands posted 24% revenue growth to $491m, of which $126m was supplied by Warnaco’s Speedo swimwear and its Warner’s and Olga women’s intimate apparel businesses.
“Our results demonstrated the strength of the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses, which both continue to exhibit strong global growth, despite the macro-environment and unseasonably cold weather that negatively impacted sales of spring product in North America and Europe,” said Emanuel Chirico, PVH chairman and CEO.
“We were also pleased to see the strong operating improvements in our pre-existing Heritage Brands wholesale business, primarily in the sportswear division, and believe the Speedo, Warner’s and Olga brands are proving to be strategic complements to our pre-existing Heritage Brands portfolio.”
PVH maintained its full-year guidance of revenues of $8.2bn and underlying earnings per share of $7.00.
Canadean's "Tommy Hilfiger Group: Retail - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key fact...
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Tommy Hilfiger Europe B.V. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a de...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies