US: PVH says may exceed earnings outlook
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 June) reaffirmed its second-quarter and full-year guidance and said it might exceed its earlier outlook if current business trends continue.
The New York based clothing firm raised its full-year forecast last month after posting a 61% surge in first quarter earnings thanks to strong global demand for its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands.
The company said both brands performed above expectations despite cost pressures and economic headwinds in Europe - and are likely to continue this momentum despite the uncertain macroeconomic environment in both the US and Europe.
First quarter net income rose to $93.1m, while revenue increased 4% to $1.43bn.
PVH expects full-year earnings per share in the range of $6.15 to $6.25, an increase of 14% to 16% over the prior year's $5.38, with sales increasing by 1% to 2%.
In the second quarter, earnings are seen rising 10-12% over the previous year to between $1.18 and $1.20, with revenues staying flat.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Since when did garment making become a matter of life and death? And why, despite the huge amounts of time, effort and resources that have gone into corporate social responsibility, factory inspection...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy