US: PVH says may exceed earnings outlook
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 June) reaffirmed its second-quarter and full-year guidance and said it might exceed its earlier outlook if current business trends continue.
The New York based clothing firm raised its full-year forecast last month after posting a 61% surge in first quarter earnings thanks to strong global demand for its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands.
The company said both brands performed above expectations despite cost pressures and economic headwinds in Europe - and are likely to continue this momentum despite the uncertain macroeconomic environment in both the US and Europe.
First quarter net income rose to $93.1m, while revenue increased 4% to $1.43bn.
PVH expects full-year earnings per share in the range of $6.15 to $6.25, an increase of 14% to 16% over the prior year's $5.38, with sales increasing by 1% to 2%.
In the second quarter, earnings are seen rising 10-12% over the previous year to between $1.18 and $1.20, with revenues staying flat.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Since when did garment making become a matter of life and death? And why, despite the huge amounts of time, effort and resources that have gone into corporate social responsibility, factory inspection...
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
Levi Strauss, the world's largest jeans manufacturer, has pledged to phase out hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, following pressure from environmental group Greenpeace....
Women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group has inked a licence agreement with fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump to develop sportswear, dresses, suits, suit separates, sleepwear, activewear, jea...
PVH saw third quarter net income rise as sales of its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands compensated for a decline in demand for its heritage brands. ...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam