US: PVH says may exceed earnings outlook
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 June) reaffirmed its second-quarter and full-year guidance and said it might exceed its earlier outlook if current business trends continue.
The New York based clothing firm raised its full-year forecast last month after posting a 61% surge in first quarter earnings thanks to strong global demand for its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands.
The company said both brands performed above expectations despite cost pressures and economic headwinds in Europe - and are likely to continue this momentum despite the uncertain macroeconomic environment in both the US and Europe.
First quarter net income rose to $93.1m, while revenue increased 4% to $1.43bn.
PVH expects full-year earnings per share in the range of $6.15 to $6.25, an increase of 14% to 16% over the prior year's $5.38, with sales increasing by 1% to 2%.
In the second quarter, earnings are seen rising 10-12% over the previous year to between $1.18 and $1.20, with revenues staying flat.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Since when did garment making become a matter of life and death? And why, despite the huge amounts of time, effort and resources that have gone into corporate social responsibility, factory inspection...
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
Levi Strauss, the world's largest jeans manufacturer, has pledged to phase out hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, following pressure from environmental group Greenpeace....
Women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group has inked a licence agreement with fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump to develop sportswear, dresses, suits, suit separates, sleepwear, activewear, jea...
PVH saw third quarter net income rise as sales of its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands compensated for a decline in demand for its heritage brands. ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- FOCUS: Topshop suffers a setback in Japan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide