US: PVH to cut up to 1,000 jobs after Warnaco acquisition
The company plans to close the Warnaco offices in Florence, Italy, as well as those in Duncansville and Huntingdon in Pennsylvania, with further redundancies in its New York City, Milford, Connecticut, Hong Kong and other Far East locations.
The company said it may close more facilities and cut more jobs, both in the US and internationally.
Most of the terminations will take place during the second half of 2013, and the first quarter of 2014.
The US$2.9bn deal reunites the house of Calvin Klein, bringing together all of its apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the brand.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Apparel giant PVH Corporation expects to see strong growth at Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein once teething problems with the integration of its Warnaco business are addressed, the group has revealed....
Apparel giant PVH Corp says it remains cautious about the rest of its financial year after swinging to a second quarter loss as acquisition costs offset a hike in sales....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report