US: PVH to cut up to 1,000 jobs after Warnaco acquisition
The company plans to close the Warnaco offices in Florence, Italy, as well as those in Duncansville and Huntingdon in Pennsylvania, with further redundancies in its New York City, Milford, Connecticut, Hong Kong and other Far East locations.
The company said it may close more facilities and cut more jobs, both in the US and internationally.
Most of the terminations will take place during the second half of 2013, and the first quarter of 2014.
The US$2.9bn deal reunites the house of Calvin Klein, bringing together all of its apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the brand.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Apparel giant PVH Corporation expects to see strong growth at Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein once teething problems with the integration of its Warnaco business are addressed, the group has revealed....
Apparel giant PVH Corp says it remains cautious about the rest of its financial year after swinging to a second quarter loss as acquisition costs offset a hike in sales....
Perry Ellis has appointed Stanley Silverstein as president of international development and global licensing, with responsibility for driving the apparel group's growth overseas....
Levi Strauss has announced a series of executive appointments at the Levi's brand to help drive innovative product and marketing....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at PVH setting out its succession plan, Hudson's Bay's acquisition of Saks, and a report on the use of mobile phones to monitor labour abus...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020