US: PVH to cut up to 1,000 jobs after Warnaco acquisition
The company plans to close the Warnaco offices in Florence, Italy, as well as those in Duncansville and Huntingdon in Pennsylvania, with further redundancies in its New York City, Milford, Connecticut, Hong Kong and other Far East locations.
The company said it may close more facilities and cut more jobs, both in the US and internationally.
Most of the terminations will take place during the second half of 2013, and the first quarter of 2014.
The US$2.9bn deal reunites the house of Calvin Klein, bringing together all of its apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the brand.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Apparel giant PVH Corporation expects to see strong growth at Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein once teething problems with the integration of its Warnaco business are addressed, the group has revealed....
Apparel giant PVH Corp says it remains cautious about the rest of its financial year after swinging to a second quarter loss as acquisition costs offset a hike in sales....
Perry Ellis has appointed Stanley Silverstein as president of international development and global licensing, with responsibility for driving the apparel group's growth overseas....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead