US: PVH to take ck Europe in-house
The new arrangement, which is effective from 2013, will also involve the operation of branded retail stores, as well as the establishment of a dedicated team to manage the brand in Europe.
“Bringing the ck Calvin Klein European operations in-house creates an opportunity for us to better develop the Calvin Klein brand in Europe by leveraging PVH’s European infrastructure,” said Tom Murry, President and CEO, Calvin Klein.
“PVH’s 2010 acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger brought with it an excellent European operating platform and distribution network with dedicated market expertise.
“We feel that this established platform, under the leadership of Fred Gehring, CEO of Tommy Hilfiger and PVH International, combined with the strength of our brand and Calvin Klein’s innovative in-house design and marketing teams, will accelerate the growth of the business from where it is today.”
Gehring said the ck Calvin Klein had “great potential” in Europe, predicting that sales could reach US$500m in the next five to seven years.
The revamp of apparel group Warnaco's operations - in terms of both channels and regions - has been hindered by external factors including one-off charges and currency fluctuations....
Calvin Klein, a subsidiary of apparel group PVH Corp, has revealed it will open its latest free-standing lifestyle store in Alberta, Canada next month....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
Active wear company Lululemon Athletica is suing PVH's Calvin Klein and G-III Apparel Group over alleged trouser patent infringements. ...
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019