US: PVH to take ck Europe in-house
The new arrangement, which is effective from 2013, will also involve the operation of branded retail stores, as well as the establishment of a dedicated team to manage the brand in Europe.
“Bringing the ck Calvin Klein European operations in-house creates an opportunity for us to better develop the Calvin Klein brand in Europe by leveraging PVH’s European infrastructure,” said Tom Murry, President and CEO, Calvin Klein.
“PVH’s 2010 acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger brought with it an excellent European operating platform and distribution network with dedicated market expertise.
“We feel that this established platform, under the leadership of Fred Gehring, CEO of Tommy Hilfiger and PVH International, combined with the strength of our brand and Calvin Klein’s innovative in-house design and marketing teams, will accelerate the growth of the business from where it is today.”
Gehring said the ck Calvin Klein had “great potential” in Europe, predicting that sales could reach US$500m in the next five to seven years.
The revamp of apparel group Warnaco's operations - in terms of both channels and regions - has been hindered by external factors including one-off charges and currency fluctuations....
Calvin Klein, a subsidiary of apparel group PVH Corp, has revealed it will open its latest free-standing lifestyle store in Alberta, Canada next month....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
Active wear company Lululemon Athletica is suing PVH's Calvin Klein and G-III Apparel Group over alleged trouser patent infringements. ...
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015