US: PVH to take ck Europe in-house
The new arrangement, which is effective from 2013, will also involve the operation of branded retail stores, as well as the establishment of a dedicated team to manage the brand in Europe.
“Bringing the ck Calvin Klein European operations in-house creates an opportunity for us to better develop the Calvin Klein brand in Europe by leveraging PVH’s European infrastructure,” said Tom Murry, President and CEO, Calvin Klein.
“PVH’s 2010 acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger brought with it an excellent European operating platform and distribution network with dedicated market expertise.
“We feel that this established platform, under the leadership of Fred Gehring, CEO of Tommy Hilfiger and PVH International, combined with the strength of our brand and Calvin Klein’s innovative in-house design and marketing teams, will accelerate the growth of the business from where it is today.”
Gehring said the ck Calvin Klein had “great potential” in Europe, predicting that sales could reach US$500m in the next five to seven years.
The revamp of apparel group Warnaco's operations - in terms of both channels and regions - has been hindered by external factors including one-off charges and currency fluctuations....
Calvin Klein, a subsidiary of apparel group PVH Corp, has revealed it will open its latest free-standing lifestyle store in Alberta, Canada next month....
Apparel group PVH Corp raised its full-year guidance on the back of better-than-expected second quarter profit growth, led by the company's Tommy Hilfiger brand....
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
Active wear company Lululemon Athletica is suing PVH's Calvin Klein and G-III Apparel Group over alleged trouser patent infringements. ...
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras