FRANCE: Qatari investors near Printemps and Borletti acquisition
Qatari investors are on the verge of acquiring 100% of the French department store chain Printemps for an estimated EUR1.6bn (US$2.1bn), as well as purchasing the Borletti Group which owns Italian retail chain, La Rinascente.
In February, the Borletti Group and Qarari investors began exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its 70% stake in Printemps, with the Italian investment group holding the remaining 30% of the chain's capital.
However, just-style understands that Printemps' works council was informed last week that the Qatari investors, thought to be Qatar Holding, the operating arm of the nation's sovereign fund, are proposing to acquire the totality of Printemps capital, includng Borletti's stake.
Assurances had been given to the council that there would be no threat to the jobs of Printemps 3,400-strong workforce and that the company's management team would be retained.
Printemps has a chain of 21 stores across France, including its flagship outlet on the prestigious boulevard Haussmann inParis city centre.
In February, just-style reported that Galeries Lafayette had made a counter-offer to acquire Printemps, after an earlier EUR1.8bn bid was turned down.
Galeries Lafayette was proposing to team up with the same Qatari investors as Borletti.
US clothing company Fifth & Pacific has admitted its second quarter results were weaker than expected as sales growth slipped at its denim label Lucky Brand....
Galeries Lafayette is expected to show a good performance over the forecast period and even open some new outlets. This is mainly due to the visits of foreign tourists (in its flagship store in Paris)...
Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners (TIP) has completed its acquisition of French department store chain Printemps, in a deal that is estimated to be worth EUR1.8bn (US$2.4bn)....
The report provides a review of M&As, capital-raising, partnering deals, and agreements entered into by retail companies during December 2012....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies