CHINA: Quality tests identify mis-labelled brands
Spanish retailer Zara has again been accused of selling "sub-standard" clothes in China after tests were said to have found garments labelled with incorrect fibre content.
The claims, reported by China Daily, come seven months after parent Inditex admitted that labelling on some Zara men's trousers tested by the Beijing Consumer Association (BCA) did not disclose the acrylic and viscose content.
"Zara's Quality Control Department is working to correct this and to avoid it for the future," Inditex said at the time.
But now it seems similar tests by the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision found the fibre content on a batch of Zara cardigans did not match the label. Other brands including Nautica, CK Jeans and TeenieWeenie were also said to have failed the tests.
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what M...
Inditex, the world's largest clothing retailer and owner of the Zara, Pull&Bear, Bershka and Stradivarius chains, has entered Ecuador for the first time by opening a number of stores in the country....
Talks to try to end an 11-day strike at a Cambodian supplier that makes garments for international brands including Gap, Levi's and H&M broke down yesterday (22 May) after a day of negotiations....
Outdoor and action sports wear brand Timberland has confirmed to just-style that an unspecified number of employees have been laid off at its Stratham site amid ongoing changes to its organisational s...
Randa Accessories Leather Goods has completed its acquisition of Swank, a designer and marketer of men's and women's belts, and men's leather accessories, jewelery and suspenders. ...
Mauritius-based apparel major Ciel Textiles has seen its nine-month profit more than treble thanks to improved efficiency and aggressive cost cutting....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack